TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR CONSUMERS – Meantime Brewery Shop
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 11th January 2022. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference. You will be required to confirm during the ordering process that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all orders made using this website. Please read them carefully and make sure that you understand them before you order any products. They do not affect your legal rights.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted onto the site (see date above). You will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions each time you place an order, to ensure that you are familiar with the most current ones.
- Order Process - Orders For Delivery
You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until you click the Submit Order button.
Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you with an Order Reference Number and details of the products you have ordered. We will confirm the order details to you in an e-mail. Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we send you this email,
Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will notify you as soon as practicable to explain why.
When deciding whether or not to accept your order we may use certain information about you, including any received from credit reference agency checks with Experian Limited or other agencies. In particular, we may pass your details to such agencies for them to check against certain public and private databases. The agencies may keep a record to use in future security checks. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
- Prices and Payment
All prices and charges on this site are in UK pounds. They include any VAT payable, but exclude delivery charges (for details see ‘Delivery’ below).
The total cost of your order will be the price of the products you order, plus any applicable delivery charge. All these will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order.
Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. If something becomes unavailable, we may offer you an alternative.
We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will tell you and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it. We may also in our sole discretion, choose not to provide you with the product or service if there has been an error in its description or price.
We accept payment by Mastercard, Visa and American Express, Shop Pay, Apple Pay and Google Pay. Payment is deducted when you place your order.
You must be aged 18 or over to purchase our products.
By placing an order, you confirm that you are legally permitted to purchase alcohol in your country of residence, and upon delivery you may be asked for ID in the form of a driving license/passport, failing which the delivery driver may refuse to deliver the products.
- Where we Deliver
Delivery must be to an address in the mainland United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scottish islands). In the event that no one is there to receive your package the delivery may be left in a safe space (please see 'how we deliver' below for more details).
- Delivery Charges
We make every effort to keep our delivery charges as low as possible. You only pay one delivery charge, irrespective of the number of products ordered. Very occasionally different products in the same order may be delivered separately. If we are not able to deliver all of the products together we will not charge you extra delivery costs.
When you add products to your Delivery Shopping Basket, the appropriate standard delivery charge will be added automatically. If you add additional items or change the delivery address, please double check the charge by clicking “Re-calculate”. You will always be able to see all applicable charges before submitting your order.
- How We Deliver
Products are delivered by our courier partner DHL UK.
- Standard courier deliveries, normally 2 - 3 working days
We will contact you with an estimated delivery date which will be within 14 days after the day on which we accept your order. For estimated delivery times following dispatch, please see our deliveries page.
If we are sending your product by courier, we will wherever possible provide you with a link to the courier's website, and a tracking number, so that you can track your order right to your doorstep. Standard courier deliveries are usually made between 9am and 5pm.
All deliveries will be delivered to your door or left in a safe place. We may ask for you to sign for your delivery, if you are out when the courier arrives, the courier may leave a card with a contact number for you to call.
We do everything we can to meet the delivery times specified in this section. However, delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and therefore they cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay. We are unable to accept liability for any delays but you may contact us to seek a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
In the event you are asked by a courier to re-arrange a delivery, you are responsible to arrange this delivery. If you have failed to do so, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for any storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you, we may end the contract.
- Missing, Damaged or Incorrect Orders
We try very hard to ensure that you receive your order in pristine condition. If you do not receive all your products, or. In the unlikely event that a product arrives damaged or faulty please e-contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8293 1111.
- Cancellations and Returns
You can generally cancel your purchase at any time either before you receive your goods or up to thirty days starting on the day after the day on which you receive your goods. You may cancel by:
- emailing us at email@example.com to begin your cancellation – please include your order reference number and delivery details;
- phoning us on 020 8293 1111 – please have your order reference number and delivery details to hand; or
- writing to Meantime Brewery Shop, Meantime Brewing Company, Blackwall Lane, SE10 0AR
Your product must be complete, unused and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any way). It should be returned with the original box, packing and accessories.
You will receive a full refund, and the cancellation is free of charge provided you pay for and arrange for it to be collected from the delivery address.
We cannot cancel your purchase if the goods were a special order to your specification.
Please see our Returns Policy for more information in relation to returns.
- Return of Faulty Goods – Delivery Items
The following are guidelines for all goods ordered for delivery. Wherever possible we will respond to your individual circumstances.
If there is a fault with your product within a reasonable time period (bearing in mind the shelf life of the products) following delivery (or other defect with your order), we will normally offer a prompt exchange or refund. We will always offer you the choice of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 28 days of delivery.
To qualify for a refund or exchange the product must be:
- in 'as-new' condition;
- complete with any accessories and free gifts offered with it (and, if possible, the original box and packaging).
Please call or email in the first instance before returning the product to our shop.
This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
Any refund due to a fault or other defect will include a refund of the applicable delivery charges. We will also pay for our costs of collecting goods for replacement or refund.
This returns policy does not affect your legal rights.
- Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage
We do not exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents and nothing in this clause 11 shall operate to exclude, restrict or limit this liability.
We will not in any event be liable for: (a) any economic loss or damage (including loss of profit, revenue, business, contract, goodwill, or other financial loss); or (b) any indirect or consequential loss or damage which is not reasonably foreseeable as likely to occur in the ordinary course of events.
Each provision of this clause 11 operates separately. If any part is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or other competent body the other parts will continue to apply.
- Personal Data
These terms and conditions and all transactions relating to this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland in which case the relevant law will apply and you can choose to take action against us in your local courts. We will not supply to addresses outside mainland United Kingdom
We do not accept amendments to these Terms and Conditions/Any variations to these Terms and Conditions must be signed by an authorised signatory of our company.
You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person without our prior written consent. We can transfer all or any part of these Terms and Conditions to another organisation but your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
If these Terms and Conditions are terminated by either of us for any reason, neither of us will lose any rights which have already accrued.
If, at any time, we do not require you to comply with any part of these Terms and Conditions, this will not prevent us from doing so in the future.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is disallowed or held to be ineffective by any court or other competent body, the rest of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
We are Asahi UK, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11778384 and our registered office is at The Griffin Brewery, Chiswick Lane South, London W4 2QB. Our registered VAT number is GB314702141.
Terms and Conditions for Offers on shop.meantimebrewing.com:
- These terms and conditions apply to any offer related to the shop.meantimebrewing.com website (“Website”). In order to use the Website you must accept the terms and conditions of the Website (here). In the event of a conflict the terms and conditions of the Website prevail over these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions set out the specific details of any offers relating to use of the Website.
- By taking part in an Offer all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Promotion Period: As set out in the call to action.
- Prize or Gift with Purchase: As set out in the call to action.
TYPES OF OFFER:
Vouchers: Fill your online basket, including any qualifying items as set out in the call to action, during the Promotion Period. Confirm payment details and insert voucher code where indicated. Your balance will be reduced by the specified amount.
Prize Draws: Make a purchase of the qualifying item as set out in the call to action during the Promotion Period for automatic entry into a draw to win the Prize as set out in the call to action.
Event Prizes: Winner(s) selected within 1 working day of the end of the Promotion Period. Winner contacted within 1 further day and has 48 hours to confirm acceptance and location.
Physical Prize(s) and Electronic Prizes: Winner(s) selected within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion, contacted within 1 further day and has 10 working days to confirm acceptance and delivery address. Prize will be delivered within 20 days of winner confirmation. If a winner fails to respond to the winner notification email (or is ineligible to win) within the 10 working days the winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be offered to a reserve selected in the same manner. Any reserve will have 10 working days to respond. In the event the reserve fails to respond to the winner notification email (or is ineligible to win) within the 10 working days, the Promoter may decide to withdraw the Prize.
TERMS WHICH APPLY TO ALL OFFERS:
- Prizes and Gifts with Purchase are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize or a Gift with Purchase for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Privacy – winner(s) of Prize Draws: The name(s) and region(s) of the winner(s) of any Prizes will be available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the prize in the subject header to arrive between one and three months after the end of the Promotion Period as set out in the call to action.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or a prize can no longer be awarded for reasons beyond the control of the Promoter (including but not limited to COVID-19 Lockdown restrictions, unauthorised intervention, interference with the Website, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion or the ability of the Promoter to select winners or deliver Prizes), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to amend the Promotion to effect a reasonable solution within the circumstances facing the Promoter.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter is not liable for third party products or services. Prizes and Gifts with Purchase are subject to the relevant supplier’s terms and conditions.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries, or entries not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize or gift with purchase. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Asahi UK Limited, Griffin Brewery, Chiswick Lane South,London, W4 2QB